To keep you informed about the online OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course available at Hazwop.com, our experts have explained in this blog what it covers and whether you should take it.
Benefits of the 10-Hour General Industry Course
Although OSHA recommends this course for workers, it is not mandatory. However, many business owners, unions, and government agencies located throughout the United States require workers to complete this 10-hour class to work at their facilities. In addition, the State of Nevada Legislature passed AB 190, which requires non-supervisory workers employed in the entertainment industry to complete this 10-hour course, and SB 122, which requires workers in Cannabis establishments to complete this course as well. OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training is appropriate for workers in the fields of healthcare, factory operations, warehousing, manufacturing, storage, and more. Enrollment and completion of OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training will help educate workers to predict, prevent, identify and stop possible common worksite hazards.
Throughout this online course, you will receive 10-hours of training that covers relevant job site safety topics. These topics include:
1. Worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA
2. Requirements for selecting and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. How to protect oneself and coworkers from slip, trip, and fall hazards
4. Major material handling hazards
5. Fixed and portable ladders
6. Unguarded and inadequately guarded machinery
7. Flammable and combustible liquids
8. Spray finishing, compressed gases, and dipping and coating operations
9. Electrical hazards
10. Effects of workplace hazards on the human body and how to protect against them
11. Activities that can lead to MSD and RMD injury and illness
12. The major difference between acute and chronic health effects
13. Emergency egress and access, planning, and fire prevention and protection
14. The role of management and workers in improving a company’s current safety culture
15. Rights that require workers to know the identity and properties of workplace chemicals
16. Employer requirements for effectively reducing and preventing employee injuries, illnesses, and fatalities through a safety and health program
With knowledge about these topics, you’ll be trained on recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in the workplace. You’ll also be up-to-date on workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint with OSHA and the Department of Labor (DOL).
Who was this course designed for?
Developed by experts in OSHA safety, the OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course is ideal for anyone who would benefit from the topics covered throughout the course. But, it was specifically designed with the following professionals in mind:
a. General industry workers
b. Warehousing and manufacturing employees
d. Job supervisors
e. Inspectors involved in general industry activities
This course is not intended for employers and employees in the construction industry. They will need to take on a different training course.
Upon finishing the OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course, you will receive a certificate of completion documenting that you’ve passed with a minimum score of 70%. You are given six months from the date of purchase to complete your course and three chances to pass the OSHA 10-Hour online test. As a bonus, you’ll even receive immediate feedback on any incorrect answers, allowing you to better prepare for your next attempt. Passing this course also means you’ll receive a valid OSHA 10-Hour Card. Enrollment and completion of OSHA 10 General Industry Training will help educate workers to predict, prevent, identify and stop possible common worksite hazards.
This course costs only $57, and you can find it on our website by clicking here. You can complete the white label 360 Training 10-Hour General Industry Safety Certification through Hazwop.com or take the OSHA Outreach 10 Hour General Industry Training. Both cover the same topics and satisfy the training requirements of the industries that require this training. The private white label course is at a slightly lower price.
If you are looking for an online training portal for OSHA HAZWOPER 10 and 30-hour courses, then reach out to us on email at info@Hazwop.com. Hazwop.com is the online training portal for OSHA HAZWOPER courses, occupational health, and safety training, environmental safety, MSHA training, forklift, and heavy equipment, 10-hour and 30-hour general industry and construction safety certifications, underground storage tank training, and transportation safety courses. All of our interactive courses are 100% online and can work from any location on any device, which allows you the flexibility to complete your training at your time and convenience. A printable certificate of completion is available at the end of the course.
To learn more about the services we offer, please click here. If you have any questions about the online training portal for OSHA HAZWOPER 10 and 30-hour courses, please get in touch with us here.